Meeting dates for 2017-18
Awards committee dates and location are TBA.
Awards Committee Description
The Committee on Awards shall make recommendations and provide advice to Council on policy matters related to awards and scholarship. It will promote and celebrate outstanding performance and creative scholarship across the School. It will adjudicate School-level competitions and programs and adjudicate student, faculty and staff awards as applicable.
Awards Committee Mandate
This committee will propose policy for student, staff and faculty awards (creation, advertisement, nominations and selections) in the Lassonde School of Engineering; additionally this committee will adjudicate School-wide awards.
On behalf of the Lassonde School of Engineering, and in the context of promoting, recognizing and celebrating outstanding achievements in teaching, learning, service and research, the Committee shall be responsible for those aspects of awards, prizes and medals under the School’s jurisdiction.
Awards Committee Terms of Reference
The Committee shall be responsible for:
- Approving the creation, elimination or amendment of awards adjudicated or funded within the jurisdiction of the Lassonde School of Engineering and its constituent departments & committees.
- Adjudicating awards, or overseeing the adjudication of awards delegated to other bodies.
- Reporting to Faculty Council on the individual recipients of prestigious awards and on the nature, number, and disbursement of such awards.
- Proposing the creation, elimination or amendment of faculty level awards within the Lassonde School of Engineering.
- Promote awareness within the Lassonde School of Engineering of awards, scholarships and bursaries.
- Providing Advice on awards created or adjudicated by units or committees within the Lassonde School of Engineering.
- Coordinate nominations for awards on behalf of the School.
Terms of Service
Faculty Members will be elected at-large for a two-year rolling cycle. Each year, one half of the membership turns over and will be replaced on a rotational basis by other faculty members. The voting members of the Committee select the Chair for a two-year term.
Undergraduate students will serve one-year terms, as elected and determined in the Lassonde Student Government constitution.
The Graduate student representative will serve one-year renewable terms.
At least half of the voting members of the Committee, the majority of whom are full-time faculty or librarians, constitutes quorum.
4 faculty members (one from each department), 1 librarian, 1 staff, 2 students (1 undergraduate, 1 graduate), Vice/Associate Dean, Assistant Dean Students (or designate), Manager, Student Engagement (Ex-officio, non-voting), Lassonde Advancement Representative (Ex-officio, non-voting), Secretary to Committee (non-voting)
|Faculty members elected by Council (4)||Rashid Bashir (CIVL), John Lam (EECS), Mojgan Jadidi (ESSE), Pouya Rezai (MECH)
|Librarian (1)||John Dupuis
|Staff (1)||Eva Najemnikova
|Manager, Student Engagement & Secretary to Committee (ex-officio, non-voting)||Gayathry Wright|
|2 Students (1 UG, 1 Grad)||Mahmoud Alsaeed (UG), Benjamin Brunson (Grad)|
|Lassonde Advancement Representative (ex-officio, non-voting)||Suzie Lee-Hortness
|Vice/Associate Dean (1)||Spiros Pagiatakis|
|Assistant Dean, Students||Amy Gaukel