MEETING DATES 2017-18:
Executive meetings take place on Tuesdays 3:00 – 5:00 pm (typically the last Tuesday of the Month with exceptions *noted below), room 203 Bergeron.
September 5, 2017*
September 26, 2017
October 31, 2017
November 28, 2017
December 12, 2017*
January 30, 2018
February 27, 2018
March 27, 2018
April 24, 2018
May 29, 2018
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MANDATE:
- At least half of the voting members of the Committee, the majority of whom are full-time faculty members, constitutes a quorum.
- The Committee will co-ordinate the work of the Council and its committees by:
- Directing the flow of Council business including, where appropriate, referring matters to Council committees;
- Maintaining oversight of the work of Council committees;
- Administering the process of nominating and electing members to serve on the Council and its committees, and as Lassonde School of Engineering members on Senate and Faculty-representatives on Senate committees; and
- Scheduling the agenda of the Council and approving all matters going before the Council.
3. Advise and make recommendations to the Council on all matters pertaining to:
- The organization of the Council and its committees;
- The organization and function of academic governance in the Faculty.
4. Authorize altering the order of business for any meeting of the Council, provided that the order to be followed is shown on the Notice of Meeting;
5. Be responsible for the nomination and elections of officers of the Council, members of Council committees, and Faculty representatives on Senate Executive and any other Senate committees; regulate the election of students, contract faculty members, CUPE Unit 1 Teaching Assistants, and Professional and Managerial Staff (CPMs) and members of the Faculty support staff (YUSA) to the Council; delegate the nomination and elections to a sub-committee and/or Council staff;
6. Periodically review the Rules and Procedures and governance structure of the Council or its committee system, and recommend amendments to the above for the approval of the Council;
7. In the case of the absence or illness of the Chair and the Vice-Chair, appoint one of the members of the Council to act as Chair pro tempore and for such period the member so appointed shall act as, and have all the powers of, the Chair;
8. Serve as a summer authority following Senate practice, and act on behalf of the Council from the last meeting of the Council in the spring, to the first meeting of the Council in the fall;
9. Establish special committees to deal with matters of general concern that do not fall within the accepted area of jurisdiction of an existing committee, with the approval of the Council; perform oversight and report to the Council on the creation of ad-hoc sub-committees by Council committees. When such special or ad-hoc committees are formed regularly, consider recommending that they be approved as committees of the Council or sub-committees of a committee of Council;
10. Negotiate with the President the procedures for Decanal searches in the Faculty.
Dean, Associate Deans, Assistant Deans, Chair of Council, Secretary to Council, Departmental Chairs, 1 Student (nominated by the student members of Council)
|Dean (Interim)||Richard Hornsey (ex officio, voting)
|Vice/Associate Deans||Rob Allison, Spiros Pagiatakis|
|Assistant Deans||Amy Gaukel, Marisa Sterling
|Chair of Council||Melanie Baljko
|Secretary to Council||Pam Edgecombe|
|Departmental Chairs||Jit Sharma (CIVL), Peter Cribb (EECS), Regina Lee (ESSE), Dan Zhang (MECH)|
|1 Student nominated by the student members of council|| Hashim Naqvi/Hassan Gillani